1) Do I need an appointment?
Appointments are required for all alteration services and preferred for bridal shoppers so we can have a consultant available to give you the service you deserve. We also request you make anappointment to have your bridesmaids shop or be measured or to measure several members of your tuxedo party together. Prom shoppers do not require an appointment.
2) How soon do I need to place my order for_______?
Order times vary by manufacturer and product type. Please see the Ordering Timeline.
3) You measured me for my dress, so will I need alterations?
An Emmy’s associate will measure you and discuss with you the size that is best for you to order. The majority of customers will require some alterations as the dresses are not custom made, and even the correct size will probably need some adjustment to achieve the desired fit.
4) Do I have to get my dress altered at Emmy’s if I purchase it there?
No, Emmy’s has a full service alteration department available to do your alterations at reasonable rates if you prefer. However, you are welcome to take your purchase to the seamstress of your choice for alterations.
5) What should I bring to my alteration appointment?
You will need the shoes, bra (if needed; sew in bra cups are available for $15), and any special undergarments you plan to wear with your dress for the fitting to be accurate. Extra charges may result from fittings done without the proper accessory items.
6) How much will alterations cost?
Emmy’s charges by the work done, please ask for a quote at your fitting.
7) Do you give a discount for_______?
Please see “Benefit Packages” in our main menu for a complete list of package savings plans.
8 ) How much of a deposit will I have to put down on my dress?
Emmy’s asks for a 60% deposit on all dress purchases for the order to be placed. Deposits are not required for Tuxedo rentals.
9) What forms of payment do you accept?
Emmy’s accepts cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
10) When does my dress need to be paid off?
Your purchase needs to be paid off 30 days after it arrives in the store, or before alterations are begun, whichever is sooner. All merchandise must be paid in full to leave the store.
11) Will I get my deposit back if the wedding is cancelled?
No, we cannot return merchandise to the manufacturers we order from; therefore we will have to pay for it and are unable to return deposits. The only exception is if the wedding is cancelled before the order is placed with the manufacturer.
12) Several of my bridesmaids/groomsmen don’t live in the area. How can we get their dresses/tuxes ordered?
When you create you account with Emmy’s, you will provide us with the names of all party members. We prefer as many as possible be measured here, but if necessary, your party member can be measured at a bridal or tuxedo store near where they live and call or e-mail us their measurements. They can mail us a check for the deposit amount or do a credit card transaction over the phone.
13) When will my order be placed?
Single orders are placed the next business day after the transaction. Bridal party orders are placed after all members have been measured and have payed their deposits.
14) I saw a gown from one of the companies you carry that I like but you don’t have it in the store. Can I still order it from you?
Emmy’s can order any gown from the manufacturers and divisions we represent, even if the sample is not in the store. Please ask for more information about specific merchandise. All special orders are final sales.
15) Do I have to pick up my dress as soon as it comes in?
Emmy’s will store your purchase at no charge. If the event is cancelled for any reason, all dresses must be picked up by the original date of use.